this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 
 

 Treatments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 59
Location : Warrington

PostSubject: Treatments   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi all . At this time of year we are all thinking about pairing up some of you may have already done so, my question is do you treat ur birds before you pair or when sitting eggs or after breeding. I myself treat for coxi canker and worms while sitting eggs, and then a mini treatment for the same after breeding just before racing starts, dont know if this is the right way or wrong way, so what are your thoughts and what you do
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rene
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1669
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 47
Location : Guernsey

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:51 pm

we traet for cocci canker an worm before pairing up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

avatar

Posts : 804
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 58
Location : Trimdon ,co Durham

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:34 pm

We,ve just finished the last of our treatments this morning , so canker, worming and cocci are out
of the way and we will be pairing up on the Sunday after the BHW show. a multi vitamin will be given
on the Friday to perk them up nothing else unless we think its needed e.g picking something up in the race basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

avatar

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 36
Location : tipton

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm

stock birds down on eggs now

treated worms and cocci and respriatory before pairing (precoutionary only0

and canker after last eggs were 8 days old

also treated with paraty stop mid october as been recomended to me by one of the best yb flyers around as he feels it clears birds out before breeding
i will be honest i thought birds were in good nick before and i dint notice any change so dont know if it was worth it being honest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 59
Location : Warrington

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Im with you on that one Fletch, is it worth it, do the birds actually need it, as Fletch said the birds are in tip top condition for pairing and rearing younguns, or are we being sucked in by the drug manufactures saying we need to do this and treat for that to have a succesfull breeding season, think about it , these copanys make a lot of money out of pigeon men , any one any more thoughts on this
Ken study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

avatar

Posts : 804
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 58
Location : Trimdon ,co Durham

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Thats why my birds wont be touched again till the racing has started, the lofts disinfected the birds
have been done only got to watch for the things they can pick up off the untreated birds in the race basket,
I will treat for respritory on a regular basis because of the dust and heat in the transporters and baskets
but nothing else unless I think they need it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friendsloft
moderators
moderators
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-10-06
Age : 59
Location : Warrington

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Mine wil not be touched once they have been treated untill a week before raceing starts , in years gone by fanciers dident treat half as much as what is done today, are we not killing the natural immune system in what we are doing, is this why more and more precautionary meds come onto the market
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

avatar

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 36
Location : tipton

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:36 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Im with you on that one Fletch, is it worth it, do the birds actually need it, as Fletch said the birds are in tip top condition for pairing and rearing younguns, or are we being sucked in by the drug manufactures saying we need to do this and treat for that to have a succesfull breeding season, think about it , these copanys make a lot of money out of pigeon men , any one any more thoughts on this
Ken study



i suppose time will tell if doing it or not doing it was worth it but like you said mate they here to sell products they not going to say it may only improve your pigeons are they so i think on a personal level you have to think is it right for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

avatar

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 36
Location : tipton

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm

jimrobo59 wrote:
Thats why my birds wont be touched again till the racing has started, the lofts disinfected the birds
have been done only got to watch for the things they can pick up off the untreated birds in the race basket,
I will treat for respritory on a regular basis because of the dust and heat in the transporters and baskets
but nothing else unless I think they need it.

to be honest mate you are right about leaving them my dad is a big beliver of canker treatment mid way through season but he uses diffrent products to stop the birds getting used to canker treatment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

avatar

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 36
Location : tipton

PostSubject: Re: Treatments   Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:41 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Mine wil not be touched once they have been treated untill a week before raceing starts , in years gone by fanciers dident treat half as much as what is done today, are we not killing the natural immune system in what we are doing, is this why more and more precautionary meds come onto the market
Ken



an old boy who i knew always swore that birds didnt need anything medical treatment wise
he swore buy garlic, a rusty nail in the water for a few days and other things
yes birds have evolved and maybe old age systems may not be surfficiant any more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Treatments   

Back to top Go down
 
Treatments
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: General Discussions.-
Jump to: