this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 

How do you ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rene

PostSubject: How do you ???   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 am

how or what do you do to prepare your birds for the longer races do you just send em for the short ones to get them ready for the distance then rest em for the race you realy want them for ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: How do you ???   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm

I fly natural so my birds are sent in different conditions e.g. sitting, chipping eggs ,big ybs, cocks starting to look at the hen before the driving period but never on full drive, if I can get a hen going to 400+mls on chipping eggs if she has the brains then I,m in with a shout, I like cocks sitting 10 to 15 days for these races, I use the shorter races mainly for getting the distance birds in shape ,they might get 3 short races 1@97mls 1@170mls 1@270mls then I give them short trainers till the
first 400+race comes around to keep them on their toes. My ylngs go to every inland race up to 270mls then get same as obs for 2weeks then over the channel for a 330ml race ,if its a blow home 1 or 2 may go to the 400+ race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How do you ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: General Discussions.-
Jump to: