this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 

stray section

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alan harrison

PostSubject: stray section   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 pm

it will be good to have a stray section for when the raceing starts again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 pm

good idea mate il ask to get it done all other suggestions will be looked at cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepigeonholecom.forumotions.net
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:15 pm

would be a grand idea,
but when i read the headline, i thought why would you have a stray section on your loft,
oops blond momment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jj

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 am

fletchlives wrote:
would be a grand idea,
but when i read the headline, i thought why would you have a stray section on your loft,
oops blond momment

was the same i miss read it at first lol! but yes its a good idea i have a section in my loft that i will use for any strays to feed and water then let em go again will never report strays because half the time the owners dont say thank you or kiss my arse and the other half say we will let you know if the bird returns safely and dont bother Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm

jj wrote:
fletchlives wrote:
would be a grand idea,
oops blond momment

was the same i miss read it at first lol! but yes its a good idea i have a section in my loft that i will use for any strays to feed and water then let em go again will never report strays because half the time the owners dont say thank you or kiss my arse and the other half say we will let you know if the bird returns safely and dont bother Crying or Very sad

thats the sad state of the way it is i only had 3 strays last year that when been feed and waterd didnt want to go, and reporetd them and only 1 wanted his back and to be fair i got it to within a few mile of his loft and when it got back he phoned me and couldnt thank me enough,
the other 2 was asked the 2 questions that we get asked a lot,
and you know what thay are
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 pm

fletchlives wrote:
jj wrote:
fletchlives wrote:
would be a grand idea,
oops blond momment

thats the sad state of the way it is i only had 3 strays last year that when been feed and waterd didnt want to go, and reporetd them and only 1 wanted his back and to be fair i got it to within a few mile of his loft and when it got back he phoned me and couldnt thank me enough,
the other 2 was asked the 2 questions that we get asked a lot,
and you know what thay are

too true mate we know what they are,i will always report them and if they cant be bothered replying or turning up they then get reported to the unions and are made to collect them.after all its not the birds fault that the owner dosnt care,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pages-pigeons

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 pm

i reported 2 this year with no id and another 3 with id, but i lost about 25 ybs and 1 ob and had 1 yb reported all had id rings so god nos where the rest ended up? its a shame when you hear so many say whats the point reporting them, the old boy who found my yb from lincs way went out his way to get that bird down to nottingham for me its a red cock and its still in my race team for next year now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

pages-pigeons wrote:
i reported 2 this year with no id and another 3 with id, but i lost about 25 ybs and 1 ob and had 1 yb reported all had id rings so god nos where the rest ended up? its a shame when you hear so many say whats the point reporting them, the old boy who found my yb from lincs way went out his way to get that bird down to nottingham for me its a red cock and its still in my race team for next year now

cheers cheers its agood pigeon fancier that wants to get other peoples birds back to them nice one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:28 am

reported one this year and sent it 35 miles single up so it was nearer home, came back...................... No scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:30 am

i remember one a few years ago a old bird came in double rubberd reported it the guy was from wales, as one of the drivers at work was going about 15 miles from there loft i asked the driver to loose it up, about 4 hours after it was loosed my mom phoned me and said there is a pigeon walking around our kitchen and it was this bird from wales,
the next week the guy collected it from our driver when he went to wales again he then phoned to say this bird had topped the fed for him earlier in the season, and was a really good bird for him,
always strange what happens to pigeons brains sometimes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stray section   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:31 am

i always wonder what hapenstoall the lost birds that we lose they cantall get killled or other reasons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stray section   

Back to top Go down

stray section
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: Online Shows.-
Jump to: