this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 

stock cock problem advice please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fletch

PostSubject: stock cock problem advice please   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 pm

i have a cock who for some reason has gone into another box and killed the 2 young birds from another box,
his own ybs chipped on thursday and i noticed him go in this other cocks box the same day and sat the eggs i took him out,
then yesterday i got home from work and he was sitting his own ybs, i feed them and when i went in to shut up loft he was in other box again sitting but 1 yb had died,
took him back to his own box but the same thing has happend tonight and other yb has died,
i am sure these ybs have died through fighting but how can i stop this cock going int the other box,
the cock in question is in the bottom box and the box he goes in is the top box other side of the loft,
i have thought about cutting the cocks wing down so he cant get up to the top box to disturb the other cock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:19 pm

fletch wrote:
i have a cock who for some reason has gone into another box and killed the 2 young birds from another box,
his own ybs chipped on thursday and i noticed him go in this other cocks box the same day and sat the eggs i took him out,
then yesterday i got home from work and he was sitting his own ybs, i feed them and when i went in to shut up loft he was in other box again sitting but 1 yb had died,
took him back to his own box but the same thing has happend tonight and other yb has died,
i am sure these ybs have died through fighting but how can i stop this cock going int the other box,
the cock in question is in the bottom box and the box he goes in is the top box other side of the loft,
i have thought about cutting the cocks wing down so he cant get up to the top box to disturb the other cock

apart from what you sugested you could look him in the box when he is sitting and when his hen is lock him in a spare box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 pm

alan harrison wrote:
fletch wrote:

apart from what you sugested you could look him in the box when he is sitting and when his hen is lock him in a spare box.

i have looked his box up for tonight but i dont like looking pigeons up up when they feeding,
the annoying thing is the ybs he killed are from a pair i really fancied, hopefully they will go down fairly quickly,
your hens eggs chipped on thursday mate am looking forward to seeing there off spring and racing them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I had the same problem last year with a yearling cock , what I did was lock him in with his hen and ybs
with a pot of feed and water .I only let him out when I was there to keep an eye on him , once the ybs were a week
old he seemed to loose interest in the other box , it worked for me .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm

fletch wrote:
alan harrison wrote:
fletch wrote:

i have looked his box up for tonight but i dont like looking pigeons up up when they feeding,
the annoying thing is the ybs he killed are from a pair i really fancied, hopefully they will go down fairly quickly,
your hens eggs chipped on thursday mate am looking forward to seeing there off spring and racing them

you mean your hens eggs mate lol, when i come over i will bring her pedigree for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 pm

you right mate,
and thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: stock cock problem advice please   Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm

did you get him sorted out mate ?
Back to top Go down