this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 

what do you put

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rene

PostSubject: what do you put    Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:45 pm

what do you put all the losses of the pigeons down to this past season we cant blame it all down to the BOPs or the telephone mast's ok these haven't helped but surely there must be some other reason for such big losses i had read somewhere that there has been a lot of solar flare's/activaty from the sun could this be one of the reasons ? whats your thoughts on this ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glen wilkinson

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm

i just think the pigeons themselves were just not good enough ,as i lost 33 young birds this year and all had lots of training to 50 mile and i lost most off the loft and when training when racing the last 16 came ok which works out ok for my box's 8 cocks and 8 hens lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 pm

The problem is we all breed too many birds if you breed 40 or so that is too many we should have about 25 you can look after them right you wont get so many fly aways your birds will be happy and thear is another thing coming this year which will afect the birds and that is digetal tele you will see more loses than this year I would sagest that one puts a copper pipe right around on top of the loft and earth it to the ground this will take some the electrolces out of the air and de magnetys your loft scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Ginger wrote:
The problem is we all breed too many birds if you breed 40 or so that is too many we should have about 25 you can look after them right you wont get so many fly aways your birds will be happy and thear is another thing coming this year which will afect the birds and that is digetal tele you will see more loses than this year I would sagest that one puts a copper pipe right around on top of the loft and earth it to the ground this will take some the electrolces out of the air and de magnetys your loft scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

very good tip that ginger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:38 pm

No probs hope it helps the dige tele is what I think same as GPS I dont think that helps as well also I think the raydar has been boosted at Vlamaville to give extra protection not just that one all the nucela station has got it and I think its afecting all birds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 pm

we have a nucler power staion about 2 miles away as the crow flys its been there about 30 years and i can honestly say ive noticed a difference although the lads ladds that fly on the doorstep in Hartlepool might know better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rene

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

deffenatly be interesting to know if its affected them aswell wont it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jj

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 pm

i think it could be that some birds are so closely in bred that they are starting to lose thier homing instinct i do wonder sometime sdo the dutch, belg, french and german fanciers have the same losses as we do ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

jj wrote:
i think it could be that some birds are so closely in bred that they are starting to lose thier homing instinct i do wonder sometime sdo the dutch, belg, french and german fanciers have the same losses as we do ?

verry good point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Could have something to do with all those wind turbines going up all over the country
maybe the static interferes with them,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 pm

good point there Jim ive put a post up abut the turbines before i read this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepigeonholecom.forumotions.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you put    

Back to top Go down