this site is run by fanciers for faciers of racing, show and fancy pigeons.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Velocity Calculator.Velocity Calculator.  

Share | 

why is this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alan harrison

PostSubject: why is this?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:49 pm

with record young bird losses on our allotments and from what i hear all over the country.
what do members put this down to? surley that many pigeons are all not up to the mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm

alan harrison wrote:
with record young bird losses on our allotments and from what i hear all over the country.
what do members put this down to? surley that many pigeons are all not up to the mark.

Dont think any one knows the right answer this one mate i think its down to a number of things mate BOPs / tele masts /solar flares too many things to mention but where the hell are they as they dont seem to be gettin reported are they may be there a Burmuder Triangle in the sky scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 pm

will never now mate funny thing is they had a disaster weekend down here
but most people had a yb return from previous races that was lost so something must be in the air
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 pm

had one return on sunday from 3 weeks ago fresh as a daisy clapping as if it hadnt been away.had one reported today dead in york about 40 miles from me and abot 30 miles from liberatstion site, alot of members have had birds back from the first race 4 weeks ago WHERE have they been, STRANGE or what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

strange mate will never now why they come back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimrobo59

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 pm

I have a mate who flies in the next village to me a top fancier who bred 60 ybs , 30 bred rung in January
and put on darkness all off his stock birds, the other 30 bred rung in March off his race team and put on natural
in two seperate lofts side by side , the darkies are given all the special feeds and treatments the naturals are fed on beans
maples and barley and fresh water with no aditives ,he now has 7 darkies left and 27 naturals, his belief now
is that its the systems that are causing a lot of the yb losses by not letting them develope naturaly causing
them to get stressed and damaging thier imune system hence the yb sickness being one of the problems.
this yb season up till now he has 2 1sts 1 2nd 2 3rds all natural.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alan harrison

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 pm

jimrobo59 wrote:
I have a mate who flies in the next village to me a top fancier who bred 60 ybs , 30 bred rung in January
and put on darkness all off his stock birds, the other 30 bred rung in March off his race team and put on natural
in two seperate lofts side by side , the darkies are given all the special feeds and treatments the naturals are fed on beans
maples and barley and fresh water with no aditives ,he now has 7 darkies left and 27 naturals, his belief now
is that its the systems that are causing a lot of the yb losses by not letting them develope naturaly causing
them to get stressed and damaging thier imune system hence the yb sickness being one of the problems.

certainly shows some truths mate,although all mine were natural this year but what i found was the ones breed in january all gone the later ones still here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fletch

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm

jimrobo59 wrote:

i think naturals are better pigeons mate but my thinking is naturals cant compete with darkness birds after 3 races when they start to moult,
i will try natural next year but use the light system to try to stop them moulting a bit later,
i was told put the lights on 21 june and leave them on till end of the season the hours of 5:30 am and then till 10:30 pm
dont know if it works but i tryed it with our naturals after they started to moult and it seemed to slow there moult down,
so if i start the lights at the right time it may work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why is this?   

Back to top Go down

why is this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pigeon Hole.com :: General Discussions.-
Jump to: